This National Monument is The Clogherny Wedge Tomb located near the village of Plumbridge in co. Tyrone. It dates from approx c.2500 b.c and sits in a sparse exposed glaciated valley. It still has it’s large capstone and is unusual because it is surrounded by a small stone circle consisting of 11 stones which was probably built about 1500 years later. This ‘single gallery wedge tomb’ is one of 22 found in county Tyrone making up 5% of the total number in Ireland. During excavations carried out by Oliver Davis in 1937 a cobbled path was found linking the tomb to the stone circle and some burnt human remains were found but the link between the two remains a mystery.