The Telegraph Tower is located on Dalkey Hill in south county Dublin. It was built in 1807 and was used for communicating with all the other Martello Towers along the coast and also for signalling to ships. It was therefore an important part of the defensive system put in place to withstand a possible attack from Napoleon. Beside the Radio Beacon are the remains of a Celtic cross and a grave where the previous owner of the property lies.