The building in which the Storehouse is located was constructed in 1902 as a fermentation plant for the St. James’s Gate Brewery. It was designed in the style of the Chicago School of Architecture and was the first multi-storey steel-framed building to be constructed in Ireland. This site was originally leased in 1759 to Arthur Guinness at £45 per year for 9,000 years. It became the largest brewery in Ireland by 1838, and was the largest in the world by 1914, covering 64 acres. Guinness employees enjoyed higher pay than the average workers along with an excellent health service and quality housing. They were also pioneers for their high levels of quality control for their products. The ‘O’Neill Harp’ was chosen in 1862 as the Guinness trademark and has become one of the most recognizable Irish emblems in the world. St. James’ Gate in Dublin was traditionally a main starting point for Irish pilgrims to begin their journey on the Camino de Santiago (The Way of St. James). Pilgrims would get their pilgrim passports stamped here (which is still possible!) before setting off towards Santiago de Compostela in Northern Spain. The Storehouse is a now a Guinness-themed tourist attraction and has received over 4 million visitors. The 7th floor houses the Gravity Bar (which can be seen in the photo) where visitors may drink a beautiful pint of Guinness whilst enjoying the incredible 360′ views of Dublin.