Meelick Round Tower is located in Swinford, co. Mayo. It was built between 923 and 1013 a.d on a monastic site attributed to St. Broccaidh and the area was once the principal abbey in the Barony of Gallen. It is one of five round towers in the county and stands 66 feet high with the doorway at 11 feet above ground level. The tower was restored in 1880 (as was the nearby Turlough Round Tower) however the conical cap is still missing. There is an early gravestone, with crudely interlaced cross and border bearing an Irish inscription dating from the 10th or 11th century situated at the foot of the tower. The tombstone bears the inscription which translates to ‘A prayer for Grigour’. Nice views of the surrounding countryside.