Dunbrody Abbey is located in Campile in county Wexford. It was founded 1170 on the grounds of a former Cistercian monastery under the instructions of Herve de Montmorency. Montmorency was Strongbow’s uncle and when completed in 1220 this was one of the longest Abbey’s in Ireland with a length of 59 m. When the abbey was dissolved under Henry VIII’s reformation the last abbot of Dunbrody, Alexander Devereux, became Bishop of Ferns in 1539. To get this position he granted the abbey to the King with all its possessions and then changed religion. The abbey then came into the possession of the Etchingham family who in 1642 married into the Chichester family who became the Earls of Donegall still own the lands to this day. The abbey was handed to the OPW in 1911 but the visitor centre is still run by the current Marquess of Donegall. The grounds have one of the only two full sized hedge mazes in Ireland.